Monday 17 March 2014

SCATTERED....

I missed this. On the street at 7 pm in the evening and there is pin drop silence, if you ever wanted to hear what silence sounds like, you could do it in that instant. Oh yes, this street is super familiar as well, it is the street I have traveled on for so many years. Hell yeah, everything's awesome. I am home!! Although I have been in & out if this awesome city umpteen times in the last two years, the breaks have not been like long enough. Five-six days at the most. Sometimes a week. But this time it's longer, almost two weeks. The next time, it will be eternal. Yup, college is done, and the Symbiosis chapter ends very soon.
I hear various people in my class utter varying thoughts about it. Some can't believe it's ending, some are neutral to it & some are happy as hell. Me? I am a mixture of the three in varying degrees, the first one being the minutest for I sure can believe it's ending! I have become quite neutral to it considering my last two semesters were largely a mixed bag, although in hindsight, they were not what I wanted them to be and I am happy as hell about the journey, that has been covered and what remains to be covered. I am happy to have come a long way from what I used to be, I am surprisingly happy to have committed the mistakes I committed. I think we sometimes unnecessarily lament over a time that is about to end, like how some of my friends are sad about leaving college. I mean of course it is indeed sad to be doing that but seriously, this is THE time to do it! We will always be learning something everyday, even when we go from here.
Oh sorry, I drifted away from what I was talking about. But frankly, I am in one of my most occupied phases right now! A million thoughts & subsequent actions occupy my mind right now. I am restless. I have my eye and my heart on this one job opportunity that has come my way and I really want it to happen and work out for me! I want to party hard & celebrate getting that job & dance the night away at some lounge to awesome music. I want to party so bad! I am so blah about the notion of falling in love considering it never seems to work out & I am thinking about the scenario some 5-6 years later where I'll be meeting up this girl found for me by someone & I'll eventually have an arranged marriage! Not bad but not what I want either. But who cares right now? I am coming to terms with the fact that I looked and felt miserable for a large part of my third & fourth semester & that I was way below my level of performance. Of course I'll be setting that straight. I am making up these surreal plans with some of the coolest people in my life about the future & how I want to make things happen. I have so much to talk but I can't see anyone willing to listen!!
Phew!! It's exhausting & at the end of it, wow, I have managed quite a random post!I don't think I should write any further as of now, because I don't know what will come next! Art imitating life! Okay that's it!!

2 comments:

  1. Good things take time. Everyone once in life had been through almost what you are experiencing. The level of tolerance..well, may differ! But patience and time cures damn all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right man! Thanks for the input! :)

    ReplyDelete