Thursday 13 December 2012

THIS IS LIFE!!!

There was just something about today!There just had to be!!From the moment I woke with my laptop in front of me with an article by some eminent academician on the 'Culture Industry' and a cup of hot, refreshing tea in my hand I knew there was this good vibe that I got!!All set for college,the first lecture for the day was of a professor whose classes I quite enjoy and am quite involved most of the times(she does have some dull classes sometimes but then what is perfect all the time?)The morning reading though brief proved useful as I was able to answer some questions that she asked and this being a marked assignment kind of thing,it helped me quite much!!Super involved in the class with a great subject to talk about, just the start I needed!
Break for half an hour followed by another class.This one was by a visiting faculty on Radio Production. I had missed his earlier class as I had gone to a dance competition the previous day to another college and hence had no inkling of a clue as to what he had taught the previous day. Fortunately there were some of my friends who had also missed his class for the same reason as mine and hence we requested him to have a extra class for us. He did not have much to say,within a quarter of an hour he had it all wrapped up nice and clean.But still we were not well versed enough to go for the practicals. Hence,I observed my classmates doing their work and tried to grasp as much as I could from it.At the end of the lectures,I was sufficiently aware of the nature of the work they did.I would cover up the rest very soon!A good learning experience!Also a friend of mine acquainted me with some audio editing softwares he was well versed with,got to understand something about them as well.With some practice I could build up on that,which I certainly will!!I also used the spare time I had in between the starting of the classes for completing an important document I am currently working on,it's almost done and should be ready real soon!So quite a good use of time there,isn't it?
College wrapped up,I was ready to head towards the mess for a warm,refreshing and thoughtful cup of tea when a Journalist friend of mine needed some help of mine for an assignment.More than happy to help and do some work,I consented and helped her with her assignment which concerned editing,a territory I am increasingly getting familiar with and liking!!After an hour or so,I was done with their assignment.The teacher too seemed to be interested in knowing what I was doing and sat with me to tell me the kind of edit she wanted.The final product was good though it could have been better,paucity of time forced me to do just as much.But the rewarding look of happiness and thankfulness on my friends' faces lit me up too.I had contributed to it in some small way and it only made me feel great and equally content.
Finally heading towards the mess for that brewing elixir,I found a nice peaceful spot which had a mesmerising scene in front of it.The hot elixir in my hand and with an amazing song playing in my ears,I sat comfortably looking at the painted-on-a-canvas sky which had brilliant shades of orange,blue and grey to it and the tiny city lights,literally like colourful stars on the surface of the Earth with divine contention in my eyes.They seemed to radiate some of the shine of those urban stars themselves!A day well spent,one of contention,learning and rejuvenation,I couldn't help but wonder and say to myself,"THIS is life man!!"  
P.S-This was the song I was hearing while I was adoring the beauty of Nature which manifested itself in all her glory.You must hear it atleast once a day!!Not much of lyrics and the audible ones aren't really comprehendible but just feel the music from this genius called Karunesh!!You can't help but feel above all things and thoughts that are not worth your attention!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment