Saturday 23 August 2014

WHEN THE RAIN GODS CRY/BATHE.....

The rain gods finally let their hair down yesterday! They set the house..... brimming with water! Almost about to retire for the day, the DJ up there turned up the party and before you know it, there was music & one of the best light & sound show one can see! When I was a toddler & I used to ask my mom as to why it rains, my grandfather told me that every time it rains, it's either because the Gods are crying or they are having a bath! Too naive to question the limited period for crying & bathing for the Gods, I soaked it up & today it has become a fond memory! One that reverberated as loud as the thunderous music! :) As I sat with Mom in the verandah, I could feel so many thoughts rushing to me. Frankly, I have never been a big fan of the rains. But such fond memories had to bring a smile to my face.
I also thought of my blogging mentor guardian. She loves the rains, I could instantly visualize her selfless love for the water drops from up above. It's been such a long time since we talked, or at least it seemed so. She's gotten busy, so have I. But we should talk na? I wanted to just dial her number then & there and talk out to her. But something told me not to. Ah! The pre- conceived notions of the human mind! The hesitation. Either she would be busy or she wouldn't want to talk. So I let it go. Sat there in the darkness of the night, looking at the rain and I don't know how, for a moment I went completely blank. Cinematic na? But seriously, can you imagine how hard it is for the modern netizen to go blank? As in, literally not think about nothing at all??!! We are always occupied. Work or the absence of it, relationships or the absence of them, dreams, ambitions, priorities. Anyways, the thought of talking to her died down and after sitting for a few more moments, I headed towards bed. As I prepared to bid farewell to yet another beautiful day, the hesitation sort of subsided. I looked at my cell phone.
CELL PHONE- What?
ME- Nothing....
CELL PHONE- You sure?
ME- Yeah...
CELL PHONE- Okay, good night then! :)
ME- (to the sky) Do you think I should....
SKY- Are you asking me or telling me?   
ME- I am asking! 
SKY- You want to?
ME- Yeah
SKY- So go for it man, what's to hesitate?
ME- But...we haven't talked much lately. We are busy in our lives. We weren't as great the last time we saw each other either.
SKY- (sighs)Are you done?
ME- Huh?? Uh, yeah?
SKY- Okay, then none of what you said has any relevance to your hesitation! All of what you said ended back then itself. Start fresh!
ME- Hmm, you make sense.(looks towards phone)
PHONE- :)
ME- I'll message for now, okay?
PHONE- Okay. :)

I messaged her and she replied almost instantly. That was different. Maybe Sky was right! We talked some more. Work, life etc. expressed itself in bits & parts. I was glad we were talking. I could read her fatigue in between the lines. I thought of giving it an end. We stopped. It was a good day!
Probably sometimes, just sometimes we actually should act on instinct! Most of the times, you get a feeling as to how it will go. I made a mental note to remember that along with the various priorities awaiting me. 
PHONE- Better?
ME- Yeah. :)
PHONE- :). Good night.
ME- Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment