Sunday 31 August 2014

RETURN....



A look into the past
So deep & vast
The way we talked
And the plans we chalked.
A smile on my face
And longing in my eyes
Could we just return back
Can you take me by surprise?

I thought we would stay
But something came in the way
It's been way too long,
Since I heard one of your favorite song.
                                                           I want to hear, I want to say
What we dropped midway.
I have changed, and so have you
But should we let our old friendship change too?

I don't want to push, I don't want to force
I just want to return to the course
Of a journey that was too promising to break
Where all was true, none was fake.
Can we let go off things gone by?
Can we get back to the smiles, forget the wry?
 The silly conversations, the random dance
When, for me, you took a stance.

I feel bad, yes I do
At how we let this thing let through
We should have got back up, sealed the creases
But its no use picking up broken pieces
Need is not what I need, Want is what I want
Our friendship is what I want to flaunt
  We can get back and you know better
And it should start now than any later.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment