Thursday 11 September 2014

BLACK OR WHITE

This is becoming a habit now!! The last few posts that I have written have had only one excuse, that I needed to while time while a video gets uploaded on Youtube!! Not that it is the ONLY reason, I love to write at that time as well. Takes away the tedious waiting process & when you are not thinking about the gazillion things that cloud your mind and concentrate on one thing, that concentration is like the high you'd get at a party when you've downed vodka like water. Okay, highly under qualified to make that statement but I am guessing it must be similar. I remember the one time I had vodka, it felt like drinking nitric acid & I spit it out two seconds after it went in, unfortunately partly on someone's footwear! She must remember that experience better than me!
So, this video that I am uploading, it's about the supposedly 'next to life' level important thing for today's generation! First there was water, then air, food & now it's FAIRNESS CREAM!!! Yup, it's about that 'necessary evil'! I can't think of a more apt term for it! It seems so necessary for people who are in their most evident state of escapism & disbelief when they tell me how important it is for them! The power of advertising, I swear it has the power to manipulate generations. Although the majority of people in my video said that they find the very concept of a fairness cream stupid- forget the actual cream- it is not without reason that the Fair & Lovelies & The Fair & Handsomes are laughing their ways to the bank whilst I make this video. Back in the 90's, some legendary artist said in a song of his- It don't matter if you're black or white and he was the epitome of racial attack by the world! And today's morning newspaper told me that while an average Black guy has 4 black friends in a group of 10, a White guy has 1 black friend in 10 and an Indian shuns Black friends when in foreign land! An Indian is intrinsically White, it said. Shall we blame it on the 150 years of British rule? The succession of generations seeing as they did that the 'gori chamdi' always got the bow & the 'kaale log' the belt?I don't know, maybe. Anyways, I will let my video do the rest of the talking & please see it and give your honest opinions on it. :)

http://youtu.be/RpVmtcdThzM

No comments:

Post a Comment