Saturday 22 September 2012

                                        I DREAM OF PARA...PARA...PARADISE!!!!
Sorry Coldplay,sincere apologies for not hearing this song some time back,I missed out on it for quite sometime.But better late than never!Anyways,the reason I mentioned this song and I am writing today is I feel just like this song,in Paradise!!No precise reasons,maybe I am just loving being ME finally!!I feel liberated,confident,optimistic and determined!This place(SIMC)surely has something magical about it!It can take you out of a bad day like really fast,it makes you serious,like not boring serious but logical and practical serious.There are 'learning takeaways'(quoting my friend Dean here!)almost everyday.
Needless to say,I am surely not the person I was sometime back!There has been change,and a substantial one at that.And there's still a lot more to be done!But coming back,what is it about today that makes me feel so happy?Is it just the workload of everyday assignments dropping down and almost stopping,is it Ganapati Bappa who blesses my room with his super awesome presence,is it the jokes and fun that I share with a certain hometown friend,is it my great bonding with my friends in the hostel at night or is it that I take a stand for people and support them everytime,irrespective of whether they appreciate it or need it or not??Actually,its all of these!All of these small and simple reasons have contibuted to me feeling so elated today!!Today also marks the end of my first semester,now we would be specialsing in our respective fields and so the batch will separate academically.Some people feel this might separate the batch emotionally too,which is understandable but I think it shouldn't make much of a difference.Afterall,we are still on the same campus,in the same academic building and in the same hostels.They say distance makes the heart grow fonder,so maybe this slight 'distance' between us will only make us grow fonder!This is our family afterall,family away from home!There IS something distinct about hostel life I guess.The people you meet here,the friends you make here,the understanding that develops between you and them,the way they show you the mirror and make you realise your strenghts and weaknesses is something you will remember for life!(I think I surely will!)Case in point,I have always loved writing but never resorted to a blog to do that but thanks to a certain friend now I have taken to it like a fish to water and realized that I am more at ease with the keyboard than to the conventional pen and paper.I can write with more honesty,sincerity and speed.So there.......
There is so much more I could tell you about,but I guess it would just go on & on!But still,in an attempt to summarise all those things,I would say that I feel like I am back to school and this time I am living the school life I always wanted to!The right amount of discipline,friends,crushes,bonding,competition,its all happening here!I am just reliving my school life here!!And needless to say,I am loving it!!!!
P.S-This post would be incomplete without the song that is the reason for it creation.So people,here it is!  

No comments:

Post a Comment